Thursday, September 18, 2003

The Thursday Threesome

:: Darwin's Survival of the Fittest ::
Onesome: Darwin's - Hmm... Ever run across someone who could be a Darwin awards candidate? Can you share your story? If not, what's your favorite story (true or not)?

Never knew anybody who would qualify. I've encountered plenty of people whom I wish would, if you know what I mean. The stories I've seen are entertaining enough, but I've lost my enthusiasm for them since I discovered so many of them are mere "urban legends".

Twosome: Survival of - What kicks you into survival mode during the week? Kids? School? Driving? Spouse (nope, better leave that one alone!) The News? What makes you yearn for your next break?

Driving. I'm getting to the point that I hate driving so much that I'll often just stay home rather than drive to go somewhere. Thanks to the web, I can do most shopping without leaving the house.

Threesome: the Fittest - Hey, how are you doing in the fitness wars? Are you the drill sergeant leading the troops on the five mile hikes or are you the person waiting back at camp with the chips and dip ready for when they come to their senses?

I'm the reluctant guy who forces himself to get some exercise since he had that Close Call I've said so much about.

EXTRA: The topic of the week at the Back Porch:
What kinds of food do you like? How about restaurants...do you like fast food/chain places, or mom & pop joints? When you go to the supermarket...do you buy ingredients for scratch cooking, or do you buy convenience foods?
Also, it's canning season...anyone do any of that???

I don't get as much pleasure from eating as I used to. I never was much of a gourmet, anyway. At the moment I have a craving for Long John Silver's.
I hate to cook, so I tend to buy what I know how to make. Since there are other people in the house who cook different things than I do, this means I have to force myself to buy what they know how to cook. We always have some heat'n'serve meals in the freezer, but most often we cook from scratch.
Canning? Me? You must be kidding.

No comments: