Thursday, September 25, 2003

The Thursday Threesome

:: Green Eyed Monster ::
Onesome: Green - Are you ready to go from all things green to the vibrant colors of autumn? Or for those of you down under, from winter to spring green? What do you like best about the change of seasons?

I used to look forward to autumn. Now... well, do I spend too much time complaining about my pharmaceutically-thinned blood? Seems like I barely got warm this summer and now I'm cold again.

Twosome: Eyed - Have you eyed anything lately that you absolutely had to have? Or have you had your eye on something for a while now that you want to splurge on?

The last thing I splurged on was a used copy of The Greatest 1950's Stories Ever Told from DC Comics.

Threesome: Monster - Are you a monster movie/ thriller fan? If not, what kind of movies do you like?

No, not really. I don't know what kind of movies I like any more: I don't know who any of these "new" actors are. Ben who?

EXTRA: The topic of the week at the Back Porch:
So...what TV themes are your favorites? Did you like the actual shows, or just the theme songs? Also, were there any themes that you could not stand?

Remington Steele, the slow and sultry original first-season theme. Actually, anything that Mancini did was good. WKRP in Cincinnati.
I can't think of any that I just can't stand. Most TV themes are Just There, inoffensive or insipid at worst. The "Three's Company" theme is atrocious. I'd like to say it's a product of its time, but I didn't like it then either.

No comments: