Thursday, February 27, 2003

Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Big. Anything "big" happen to you lately? Come now, what's the biggest thing in your life these days?

Recovering from a stroke and wondering if I have a job to go back to -- and wondering if I can still do it. And what I could possibly do instead.

Twosome: Band. I didn't do the band, but I did choir when I was in school. Tell us: what kind of extracurricular activities did YOU do when you were in school?

Nothing willingly. I was in the band: My instrument was trombone. I am cursed with, well, I suppose it isn't perfect pitch, but it is close enough that I was able to play slide trombone.

Threesome: Music. Our topic of the week is music, so why don't YOU share little about your personal tastes in music. Favorite band? Favorite song? Have a song you love to sing along with but hate to admit it? Now's the time to fess up!

Any answer I could give would only betray my fogeyhood, I think. I'll pick Alison Krauss' cover of "I Will". I don't believe dobro, banjo and steel drums have ever been used together before. However, to counter any goodwill this selection may engender, I'll also admit I like Barry Manilow.

No comments: