Friday, February 14, 2003

The personals
The Friday Five:
1. Explain why you started to journal/blog.

Because I could. I've been writing regularly for various audiences for well over twenty years; this was a way to stay in the habit between deadlines and keep my web page fresh.

2. Do people you interact with day to day or family members know about your journal/blog? Why or why not?

Yes, they do. Why shouldn't they?
Well, given my content there's no reason they shouldn't know. Heck, I even put my real name on it. My current boss doesn't know, not because it's a secret (my previous supervisor knew), but because I just haven't bothered to tell him. He's not a bloggin' kind'a guy. If I find myself with something to say that I don't want my loved ones to know, I'll just start a pseudonymous blog. Hey, maybe I already have. (No, I'm not the Unablogger. But how would you know if I weren't?)

3. Do you have a theme for your journal/blog?

Not really, except for "that which amuses me". I don't want to be tied down to a theme. Sometimes I feel like talking about the War on Terror: Sometimes I feel like talking about Buffy.

4. What direction would you like to have your journal/blog go in over the next year?

More of the same. It's serving my purposes now, why change? I'd prefer to write fewer, longer entries, and maybe I will, eventually.

5. Pimp five of your favorite journals/blogs.

Look to the left: There's far more than five in my list of favorites. The five I read when I only have time for five are James Lileks, The Last Page, USS Clueless, PhotoDude, and the Obscure Store.

No comments: