Monday, February 17, 2003

Bloogle!
Google bought Blogger? Cool.

So, which of the alternatives is going to get snapped up by the Evil Empire, its name changed to Microsoft Blog, and its code bundled into the next version of Windows? (XPanded?) I mean, God knows they won't write one...

LATER: I don't usually get Down On Microsoft, so I thought I should explain that I'm not down on them now, either. But let's face it, it's been years since anything really new originated in Redmond. They endlessly refine what they already have, and they acquire. I don't fault them for it, it's just what they do, and it has worked out well for them. And when there is such a product as MS Blog, I feel certain it will be an acquisition (cf Front Page, Visio, HotMail), not an internal creation. (Heck, even the Big One, MS-DOS, was an acquisition.)

No comments: