Thursday, February 27, 2003

I'm fine
Sorry for the failure to post. I have no good excuse.

I had a follow-up appointment with my neural ophthalmologist last Thursday, and the good news is that I have been pronounced safe to drive. At least, purely as far as vision goes. My reaction time seems to be acceptable, as well. I will have to drive with caution, but I can drive.

The less-good news is that I do still have some visual impairment, and it is likely that it is permanent. It is not as dramatic as that may sound. It's not a "blind spot", as I've been describing it, but there is a zone in which I don't see details. Fortunately, it's UP and to the right, an area from which traffic is unlikely to approach. (Hey, some people obviously go for weeks at a time without glancing at their rear-view mirrors.)

I have been trying to get back into the habit of driving, and so far it's going well.

No comments: