Friday, June 28, 2002

The personals
Okay, I found another one, the Monday Mission:

1. Do you wear glasses/contact lenses? If so would you consider going through Lasik surgery? (Or if you already have, please tell us about it)
I do wear glasses. I have never considered contact lenses: I'm far too lazy to perform the necessary maintenance. And I am far too cowardly to look into a laser.

2. Did you ever have to wear braces? How are your teeth? (any cavities, any pulled teeth, root canals, etc.)
Never had to wear braces. I've had numerous cavities, my wisdom teeth were pulled a couple of years ago, I've had three or four root canals... There, are you happy now?

3. What (if any) recent movies have moved you emotionally? Which one and how so?
Much to my surprise, I found myself stunned into speechlessness by Steven Spielberg's "A.I.", which I just saw on DVD.

4. Would you rather live the remainder of your golden years in a rest home, or pass away before it came to that?
Rest home beats final rest.

5. What natural creation or phenomenon just flat-out leaves you with a sense of wonder?
Rainbows. What a gloriously useless artifact of light.

6. Have you ever been in a fist fight or a situation where you had to get physically violent with someone else? How did that come about? Any consequences?
Not since elementary school.

7. Are there any recent happenings that you wish you would have handled differently? What happened and what do you wish you'd done?
Mmmmmm... No.

BONUS: How far away can you go, and still be dancing with me?
How close can you be, and still be a world away?

Thursday Threesome:
Sheryl who?

Onesome. Soak--Like a sponge, what class in school did you seem to absorb the easiest?
Well, my last school experience having been during the Ford administration, I'll have to think about that... Math seemed pretty easy, up to the level of calculus: That's where my mind shut down. English was never much of a challenge, either (although I never could keep straight the names of verb tenses).

Twosome. Up--What things always bring you up when you are down?
It's gonna sound corny, but it's my kids. I love spending time with them.

Threesome. The Sun--Enjoy the sun? What's your favorite outdoor activity?
I'm not a big outdoor person, but I love to nap in the shade. Not that I get a chance to do that very often. If I had a fenced back yard, I'd have a hammock in it.

The Friday Five:
When was the last time you...

1. ...sent a handwritten letter?
Not since college, when my now-wife and I wrote to each other frequently. We still have those letters.

2. ...baked something from scratch or made something by hand?
I assume you don't mean things like assembling a bookshelf kit or making pancakes from a mix. Hm. I built a "crash box" (sound effect box for safely breaking glass) a couple of years ago. I miscalculated, and I have to cut glass to fit it. I need to rebuild it around a standard size glass pane.

3. ...camped in a tent?
1986, the Kingdom of Meridies 10th Anniversary event. I'm never a happy camper.

4. ...volunteered your time to church, school, or community?
All of my radio theater activity is volunteer.

5. ...helped a stranger?
I need to run into a better quality of stranger. Every time I attempt it, it turns out to be a scam. I'm sorry for the people who actually need help who won't be offered any due to rampant distrust.

No comments: