Tuesday, June 18, 2002

Last week's personals, late

Thursday Threesome:
Onesome. Miss Scarlett, what makes your face turn red?
Oh, lots of things. Anger, shame, public attention. I'm better than I used to be, but the color of my face is still a pretty good barometer of how I feel. But you probably want to know what embarrasses me. Being the center of attention both embarrasses and terrifies me. I have stage fright (pretty odd, considering).

Twosome. Twosome. The Library. What books are a must in your opinion for a personal library?
Seems like this is a repeat, or was that the Friday Five? Well, anyway. I don't have enough bandwidth to answer this. "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert A Heinlein. "The Rape of the A.P.E." by Allan Sherman. "Tarzan of the Apes" and "The Return of Tarzan" by Edgar Rice Burroughs. C'mon, I've got a couple of thousand books here, and I'd hate to leave any of 'em out.

Threesome. The Lead Pipe. Ever have a plumbing related woe? Tell us all about it...
Of course I have: I own my home. Crawling under my house in 25-degree temperatures patching a burst pipe was not among the more enjoyable events in my life.

The Friday Five:
...is back!

1. How often do you do laundry?
In this house (three adults, one teenager and one about-to-be teenager), laundry never stops. In a sense, you could say we've done laundry once: We started two years ago (an easy benchmark, when the house burned and we had to replace most of our clothes), and we're still washin'. If we ever catch up, I'll let you know. (The answer you probably wanted is, one or two loads a day. Often more on weekends.)

2. What's in a typical wash load?
Er, clothes?

3. Front or top loader? Powder or liquid detergent?
Front loader, powdered detergent. Since we had to replace all of our appliances after the fire anyway, we got a front loader. It has made a significant difference in our water bill, and the clothes get just as clean.

4. Do you use fabric softener in the rinse cycle?
Nope.

5. Dryer or clothesline?
Dryer, except for those items that shouldn't.

No comments: