Thursday, January 09, 2003

The personals
Thursday Threesome:
Onesome: Commercial- Are there any TV commercials that really grab you? I mean, to the point you want to show them to other people?

Who watches TV? The last commercial that really grabbed me was from Polaroid (which dates it a bit). The husband is at work preparing to give a presentation: He's obviously nervous, and his small but important audience is getting impatient. His phone rings: It's his wife. We never see her, we hear her over the phone.
"Are you coming home for lunch?"
"Hon, this meeting has come up, I don't think I'm going to be �"
"Have you opened your briefcase?"
He glances apologetically at his unforgiving guests. "No, I haven't. Look, I need to�" He fumbles the briefcase opens and takes out a Polaroid picture (which we, the audience, never see):
Full stop. Pause.
Husband raised the phone to his ear again and says, "I'll be home in twenty minutes."

Twosome: Holiday- Valentine's Day is coming up, do you celebrate the holiday or do you prefer to just let it pass you by?

It may be a modest celebration -- or it may not. We have kids. (Those of you who don't have kids may wonder why that's relevant. Those who do...know.) On the other hand, 2-14 falls on Friday this year...

Threesome: Madness- Even if you don't celebrate it, do you succumb to the madness and buy up boxes of chocolates, just for you?

Good heavens, no. Chocolate doesn't do it for me. I haven't had much of a taste for it for years, and even less so since my medical adventures. I will, however, confess a fondness for Sweetheart message hearts. (Buying Valentine's Day stuff for yourself? Isn't that just the teeniest bit...pathetic?)

No comments: