Friday, January 17, 2003

The personals
The Friday Five:
Where do you currently work?

In light of the previous post, I think I'd better not say. I'm currently on disability, anyway, owing to visual impairment resulting from a stroke. I'm sure I've mentioned it before...

How many other jobs have you had and where?

I'm forty-eight years old. How long do you have? I've managed retail stores and movie theaters. I've done tech support for Microsoft. I must be a glutton for punishment.

What do you like best about your job?

Uh. Mostly being left alone to do things my own way.

What do you like least about your job?

Working nights.

What is your dream job?

I copy-edited web pages. I went to work in a shop full of genius graphic artists who created the look and feel of a dozen sites a day, and proofread the pages for grammar and clarity. That was the most fun I've ever been paid to have. (I'd love to do that again. Anybody hiring? I have experience in Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office, and pretty decent written communications skills...)

No comments: