- The Friday Five:
- Where do you currently work?
- In light of the previous post, I think I'd better not say. I'm currently on disability, anyway, owing to visual impairment resulting from a stroke. I'm sure I've mentioned it before...
- How many other jobs have you had and where?
- I'm forty-eight years old. How long do you have? I've managed retail stores and movie theaters. I've done tech support for Microsoft. I must be a glutton for punishment.
- What do you like best about your job?
- Uh. Mostly being left alone to do things my own way.
- What do you like least about your job?
- Working nights.
- What is your dream job?
- I copy-edited web pages. I went to work in a shop full of genius graphic artists who created the look and feel of a dozen sites a day, and proofread the pages for grammar and clarity. That was the most fun I've ever been paid to have. (I'd love to do that again. Anybody hiring? I have experience in Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office, and pretty decent written communications skills...)
Friday, January 17, 2003