Friday, August 08, 2003

The Friday Five: This week's questions:
1. What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country?

A science-fiction convention in Orlando, FL.

2. What's the most bizarre/unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling?

My vehicle died in Tampa a few years ago. For a while I thought it might be unfixable. That was a rather more interesting afternoon than I wanted.

3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go?

I've never really been a travelin' fool, and now, having lost my innate sense of direction, I'm even less of one. But I am feeling a craving for a beach, and the gulf coast of Florida is very pleasant.

4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car?

Driving is less pleasant than it was before my stroke, but still preferable to air, simply because I feel more in control of my own destiny. I can travel at my own speed, stop when I think a place looks interesting, and skip the security worries. Trains are a romantic way to travel, and I really enjoyed it the one time I tried one (1988, New Orleans WorldCon), but from Atlanta there are very few places one can easily go via train.

5. What's the next place on your list to visit?

I don't have a list. But I would like to see the St Louis Gateway Arch. Well, wait. I have seen the Arch: I would like to see the view from atop it.

No comments: