Friday, August 29, 2003

The Friday Five: This week's questions:
1. Are you going to school this year?

Nope.

2. If yes, where are you going (high school, college, etc.)? If no, when did you graduate?

1976, with a B.A. from the University of Georgia, specifically the Henry W. Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communications.

3. What are/were your favorite school subjects?

Recess.
Hard to say, really. I guess I'll have to say creative writing.

4. What are/were your least favorite school subjects?

Easy. Political science. I hated it. I was forced to minor in it. All journalism majors were expected to minor in political science--which, I suspect, is why most journalists don't know squat about anything else, as amply proven by their grasp of basic science.

5. Have you ever had a favorite teacher? Why was he/she a favorite?

At this late date I'm hard pressed to remember many specific teachers. I still remember Mr Stone, though, with whom, through an accident of scheduling, I spent three straight hours a day in my senior year of high school. (Study hall, logic, and algebra.)

No comments: