Thursday, July 24, 2003

The Thursday Threesome::Chicken Pot Pie::
Onesome: Chicken - Chicken, beef or pork? What's in the barbeque or on the grill this summer? ...or is it just too hot and a salad is all you're up to putting together?

Hey, I like salads. If I must grill a piece of meat, it's beef. However, not being a gourmet, it's either hamburger or a beef hot dog. If someone else is cooking it, I'll take a brat.

Twosome: Pot - Okay, really, did you inhale? I mean, what happened to all the side dishes that were served with the meat? ...and what side dish is essential to make your meal complete?

Assuming we're still grilling, get chips and potato salad.

Threesome: Pie - Hey, are you a pie or cake kind of person? ...or is it ice cream that 'floats' your dessert boat?

There are specific kinds of pie (chess) and cake (red velvet) that I'll always go for, but as a general rule I prefer ice cream.


EXTRA: The topic of the week at the Back Porch: Lights, camera...
We all have those scenes in our favourite movies that we wished turned out differently. If you could change a scene, what would you do to it? How would it affect the outcome of the film, if at all?

In Disney's "Hunchback of Notre Dame", Esmaralda really should have died. (Hope I'm not spoiling anything to point out that she does in the book.) It would have turned a good movie into a great one.

No comments: