Friday, June 13, 2003

The Friday Five: This week's questions:
1. What's one thing you've always wanted to do, but never have?

Oh, I can't tell you that.

2. When someone asks your opinion about a new haircut/outfit/etc, are you always honest?

I try to be. That may be why so few people ask me such questions.

3. Have you ever found out something about a friend and then wished you hadn't? What happened?

Nothing. They were never found. :)
No, I have a serious answer, but it may be too serious to follow that joke. In the course of a conversation, a female friend confided in me that she had, not long previously, been raped. She was still bearing bruises and scratches from that attack. She was such a sweet girl that I wanted to apologize to her on behalf of all men, which I quickly realized would have been a stupid thing to say, so I said the only thing I could say... which was, basically, to express shock and sympathy. I still don't know what else I could have said.

4. If you could live in any fictional world (from a book/movie/game/etc.) which would it be and why?

Oh, being a member of Lazarus Long's extended family (see Robert A. Heinlein's Time Enough for Love) sounds pretty good. Wealth beyond imagining, eternal life, and constant sex: Who would turn that down?

5. What's one talent/skill you don't have but always wanted?

Well, aside from the ability to make money without working? I wish I could draw.

No comments: