Saturday, June 07, 2003

The Friday Five: My, what...profound questions this week.
1. How many times have you truly been in love?

Truly? Once. (There was another close call, though. *Sigh*)

2. What was/is so great about the person you love(d) the most?

I don't have the bandwidth to tell you. But read the stuff she wrote while I was in the hospital and you'll get a clue.

3. What qualities should a significant other have?

Above all, tolerance. With me, she'll need it.

4. Have you ever broken someone's heart?

I think so. My first relationship ended very badly.

5. If there was one thing you could teach people about love, what would it be?

It's worth it.


LATER: I just read some of the other answers, and I see someone else gave the same answer to question five. In fact, they said it first. I never claimed it was an original insight, just that it is the truth.

I stared at it for a while before I hit the "post" link, thinking that it needed more elaboration, perhaps some qualification. I need to justify my reputation as a writer and generally deep thinker. But no. It's one of the few Absolute Truths in Life, and anything I could add weakens it.

I repeat: It's worth it.

No comments: