Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Continental drift in the blogosphere
Because I posted that snarky little comment about Bill O'Reilly, and because I linked back to the transcript of Mr O's original comment, I showed up on Technorati's inbound link list as a "fresh link" for FoxNews.com, and got a fistful of page views out of it. I hope they weren't disappointed.

Between Technorati, Popdex and Google, the whole Blogopolis dynamic is changing. I'm sure someone with more patience than I can (possibly already has) come up with a way to "game" the system.

Or is it changing? Do these tools just quantify what was already happening? I notice that the activities they reward -- frequent posting, linking to sources -- are pretty basic, and it's no surprise that Instapundit, who was already doing these things and achieving deserved popularity thereby, remains the Blogfather of Blogdom as it currently stands.

No comments: