Friday, July 19, 2002

The personals
Monday Mission 2.28:
1. Have you ever sold anything through an online auction? What did you sell and did you make very much?
Never.

2. Have you ever bought anything through an online auction? How was your experience?
Occasionally. Always pleasant. As a matter of fact, I'm reading a book right now that I bought through eBay. (DC Comics' "The Greatest Golden Age Stories Ever Told", if you must know.)

3. Do you like the sun? Getting a suntan? Have you ever had a bad sunburn?
Do I like the sun? I'm sure glad it's there, although I don't spend much time out in it unprotected.
Getting a suntan is highly overrated.
I'm a fair-skinned blond. I get sunburn from my refrigerator light.

4. Are you a vegetarian? Why? If not, have you ever considered it?
No. And I feel no need to rise to your second question. In my opinion, it is those who advocate it who have the 'splainin' to do.

5. Suppose you are getting into your car after you've just made your purchase from a store you visit twice a week. You suddenly realize you had a .35� item in your hand and you forgot to pay for it. What would you do next? (what *would* you do, not what *should* you do)
Assuming I were in no critical hurry, I would march right back in there and pay for it.

6. Sometimes it seems that there is just not enough time to do everything that must be done. Was there anything you wanted to accomplish this weekend that didn't get done?
I have a print deadline with which I would have liked to have gotten further along... But they let me out of the hospital on Friday, so everything else is gravy. (So to speak, considering gravy is on my restricted list now.)

7. What is your favorite game to play with a group and/or an individual? (board game, computer game, athletic, etc.)
Games are things I play with the computer when I am *very* bored. I'm trying to remember the last game I actually played with someone else... Probably checkers, with my son.

BONUS: One headline why believe it?
Why is a mouse when it spins? This question needs a little context or further information to be answerable.

Thursday Threesome:
Onesome. A Clear - In the last few months, what have you muddled over that suddenly became a clear, focused picture or plan of action?
Well, that heart attack on Monday the 8th brought a lot of things into focus. I've decided I'd rather not have another one.

Twosome. And Present - what is the coolest present you've ever gotten and/or given?
Gotten: I don't think I can tell you. It involves MP3s of questionable status. Hi, Jerry. Hi, Mike.
Given: I gave my parents a copy of a radio drama I appeared in with Harlan Ellison, adapted from a story by Robert Heinlein. I don't think I'll ever top that.

Threesome. Danger - have you ever been in a dangerous situation?
I am in danger every time I drive. I wish more people felt the same way: We might, collectively, be in less danger if people drove as if they thought they might be hurt.

The Friday Five:
1. Where were you born?
Right here in Atlanta GA. I'm a native. Specifically, I was born in what was then Georgia Baptist Hospital, less than a mile from my current home.

2. If you still live there, where would you rather move to? If you don't live there, do you want to move back? Why or why not?
I am happy here. I could do with being further in the country, but I've no desire to leave the Atlanta area. If I were forced to leave but allowed to pick a destination? Athens, GA and Charlotte, NC are lovely cities. Tampa / St Pete has the advantage of the nearby Gulf Coast.

3. Where in the world do you feel the safest?
In my boyhood home, McDonough GA, it is still possible to find neighborhoods where there is no need to lock the doors.

4. Do you feel you are well-traveled?
Not especially.

5. Where is the most interesting place you've been?
New Orleans.

No comments: