Friday, July 05, 2002

The personals
Monday Mission:

1. In the United States of America, it was recently ruled that the phrase "one nation under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance is unconstitutional. Do you agree with this ruling? Should the phrase "under God" be removed? Why?
I agree with the ruling. See previous comments for the reasons.

2. When was the last time you took a road trip? Where did you go and what did you do?
A year ago. I went to the National Audio Theater Festivals Audio Theater Workshop in Fulton, Mo.

3. Do you have any vacations planned for this summer? Already gone? Where to and what?
Nope.

4. What is the most drastic change to your appearance that you have ever made? Are you brave enough to post a photo?
I grew a beard twenty years ago. I've still got it.

5. Tell me about something to which you are committed?
My family.

6. Now tell me about something you just flat-out gave up on.
I'm too optimistic to just give up on anything. But occasionally they slip away.

7. (new saga) I've had it, this place is just wearing me out. You too? We need a break! Let's head out and go someplace new. You make the plans, I'll get things ready. So what do you have it mind, and did you want me to pick up anything special to pack for the trip?
Let's just head south. I feel a craving for a beach chair in the shade, and the Gulf Coast is only eight hours away at most.

BONUS: Where is my hairbrush?
In the car, under the back seat cushion.

Thursday Threesome:
Onesome. The Birds. So, when did you realize there really was a difference between boys and girls?
I can't remember ever not knowing.

Twosome. The Bees. So when did you hear about the "bodily function" things that were gonna happen to you? And how long was it before you learned that the opposite sex had changes, too?
Must have been high school. I had no social life, so there are no embarrassing stories to tell.

Threesome. The Flowers and the Trees. Did you know where babies came from? What stories did you hear (and believe) - and how old were you when you really learned the truth?
The truth was the first story I ever heard and believed. The stork and cabbage patch thing never caught my interest.

The Friday Five:
1. Where are you right now?
Right here. Where are you?

2. What have you lost recently?
Hair.

3. What was the first CD you ever purchased? Does that embarrass you now?
Carly Simon, "Anticipation". Why should it?

4. What is your favorite kind of writing pen?
Dell. :)

5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Pralines and cream.

No comments: