Thursday, July 04, 2002

Buffy, season two
Yes, I finally got it. It's about the best buy in the DVD world, with 22 hours of television (the entire second season) for about $40.

This show seems to hang around the edges of popular awareness, never being described as an unqualified hit (it's always "good ratings considering it's on WB/UPN"), yet increasing numbers of people are finding out about it. I count myself in that number: The episode that caught my attention was the groundbreaking largely-wordless episode "Hush", so these first and second season box sets are completely new to me.

Somebody tell me why I was watching "Ally McBeal" while these were on...?

The Independent News describes a growing academic awareness. (To our UK friends: Don't judge season six by any single episode: Wait and take it as a whole. It won't disappoint.)

No comments: