Friday, March 14, 2003

The personals
Thursday Threesome:
Onesome: Blue. Mac brought color into the scheme of computer things. What color would your computer be if they offered custom colors for PC or Mac?

Who cares? All right, all right, my PC is black (Dell Dimension 4400) and I really like it that way. I don't need computers in designer colors, but more than one is good.

Twosome: Screen. Hey how about a quick survey? What type of screen are you running, CRT or LCD? ...and what size screen would that be? Uh-huh, and that would be at what resolution? Designing minds want to know...

It's a CRT, 19", running at 1024x768. I'm old and half-blind, I need it big. (I'm amused and amazed at the changes my vision has gone through in the last six months or so. From not being able to read anything, to being able to read only small and narrow lines, to not being able to read anything smaller than a cow.)
LCDs are getting good enough to use as a primary display, but they haven't gotten cheap enough.

Threesome: of Death. Have you ever had a catastrophic computer crash? Could it be revived or did you have to pronounce it dead?

I have never (knock wood) had a crash so catastrophic that I couldn't get it running again, at least long enough to download the data. Where I've lost data, it's been because I forgot to copy it.

No comments: