Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Now I understand

...why my hit counter went crazy Monday.

The Today show did a feature on the "Men of Long Tom Grange" charity calendar, which USA Today and CNN both picked up on. This in turn inspired a surge of Google and Yahoo! searches. (I can't say for sure since I didn't see the articles, but mass media outlets that mention web sites often don't mention the URLs. Even when they do, viewers' memories are short.)

And since my Nude Calendar Watch is one of the first things that comes up if you Google for "nude calendar", and since I do mention the Long Tom Grange calendar, well, there you go. Happy to have been of service. There's a tip jar to the left...

(I should be glad my site didn't crash. The calendar site felt the strain to the extent that they're asking people to come back later to place their orders, after the rush has subsided.)

No comments: