Friday, October 17, 2008

This campaign needs some intentional humor

Senator McCain and Senator Obama both appeared at last night's Alfred E. Smith Memorial Dinner in New York. They took the opportunity to let their metaphorical hair down.

Senator McCain, part 1:
"It's gonna be a long, long night at MSNBC if I manage to pull this thing off. I understand that Keith Olbermann has ordered up his very own 'Mission Accomplished' banner."



Senator McCain, part 2:
"Seriously, Chris, if they need any decorating advice on that banner, ask Keith to call me so I can tell him right where to put it."



Senator Obama, part 1:
"What you may not know is that 'Barack' is actually Swahili for 'That One'..."



Senator Obama, part 2:
"...and I got my middle name from somebody who obviously didn't think I'd ever run for President."

No comments: