Friday, April 11, 2003

The personals
The Friday Five:
1. What was the first band you saw in concert?

Hm. I don't think I've ever seen a band in concert. I'm not much of a concert-goer. I think the first artist I saw perform live must have been Oliver. (You know, "Good Morning, Starshine" Oliver? "Glibby glop gloopy, nibby naba nooby, la la la lo lo"? They don't write lyrics like that anymore. It comes up on the oldies stations every now and again.)

2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?

Alison Krauss. But Nanci Griffith is gaining fast.

3. What's your favorite song?

"I'm Going to Go Back There Someday", sung by Gonzo (Dave Goelz) in "The Muppet Movie". Even "a ...thing, whatever Gonzo is" (as Kermit called him) can dream.

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?

Piano. Which, as it happens, I can play, sufficient for my own amusement.

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?

"Icon"? I can't just meet a musician, it has to be an Icon? I'd say it has to be Rupert Holmes, writer of "Escape (the Pina Colada song)", "Remember WENN" and "The Mystery of Edwin Drood". I already know from mutual acquaintances that we have interests in common.
But, actually, I don't have any great desire to meet famous people. I'm a shy person, and I'd be tongue-tied.

No comments: