Thursday, August 29, 2002

On the road
Daniel here. It appears that I will be able to attend Dragon*Con this weekend, after all.

Several weeks ago, I was scheduled to appear with the Atlanta Radio Theatre Company in two plays: As voice actor in Friday�s �Dancer in the Dark�, and performing sound effects in Sunday�s Lovecraftian horror �Special Order�, scripted by me (from an original story by my wife). Recent medical problems (see below) have made it impossible for me to actually perform, but at least I will be able to see the show and meet people.

I�m very proud of my association with ARTC. The group is a collection of intensely talented people, and I�m flattered that they allow me to play with them � and delighted that I won�t miss our Big Show of the Year. If you're in the neighborhood (downtown Atlanta), stop by and say hi.

Later: On rereading that comment, it sounds rather self-promotional. Please understand that it wasn�t intended that way. I had a feeling someone might say something. Thank you so much, Ron, for not holding back on account of my condition. :)

I�m been looking forward to this event all year, and I�m just very happy that, with everything that�s happened, I�m still going to be able to go.

I can also assure you that my going will not overstrain my loving wife, to whom I already owe so much. She is committed to some un-delegatable responsibilities with ARTC at Dragon*Con, as are several other close friends, and it will be simpler for them to keep an eye on me if I am there than if I am home.

No comments: