Thursday, April 10, 2003

The personals
Thursday Threesome: It's Daylight Savings Time Again.
Onesome: Time to. Are you a punctual person, always on time? Or do people have to tell you that everything starts an hour earlier than it really does, just so you'll be on time? Or are you somewhere in between?

Left to my own devices, with nobody to worry about but myself, I am usually on time. Unfortunately, this is rarely true -- and after all this time I still don't have the hang of managing social obligations for a family.

Twosome: Spring. After a long week, what puts a spring in your step? How do you spend your downtime?

Nothing I can tell you about in any detail here.

Threesome: Forward. As we enter Daylight Savings Time and the clocks spring forward, do you like having that "extra" hour of daylight or would you rather just not mess with it? Or do you live in an area that doesn't follow DST?

I'd really rather not mess with it. I've heard no convincing arguments that Daylight Saving Time does anybody any good whatsoever. It's a significant pain in the whatchamacallit twice a year, and an ongoing disruption for days, sometimes weeks thereafter.

I haven't decided if I'm going to answer these ongoing, but just this once, an extra set of questions:
3XThursday 4/03/2k3: The West Wing
1. There is a very real possibility that the White House will decide not to run the Vice President for re-election due to health reasons. Who do you think they should pick for the VP of the GOP ticket in 2004?

Condoleeza Rice, just to watch the Democrats go into apoplexy trying to figure how to run against her. However, realistically, I understand they have to pick someone who has a realistic chance of winning the Presidency in 2008. Hm. How does Powell-Rice in 2008 sound?

2. The Democrats are gearing up to start their big campaign push. Who do you think is going to get the DNC nomination for President and why?

The Democratic nomination process promises to be a sad, sad affair. I think they're going to do their damndest to nominate "Candidate to be Named Later", since that's the only popular choice they seem to have.
There's no real mystery here. If the junior senator from New York wants the nomination, it's hers. Otherwise, the favorite will be Mr Gore.

3. So do you think there will ever be a female or minority in the Oval Office? Why and who?

I can think of no reason why not. However, none of the current Democratic minority candidates have a shot at it: They are too extreme, too polarizing. If it isn't obvious why Jesse Jackson will never be President, I can't explain it. See question 1.

Bonus Question for Comments: If you could have any job in the White House what would you be good at and why?

Why the hell would I want a job in the White House? I think my only hope would be the I.T. department.

No comments: