Friday, April 18, 2003

The personals
The Friday Five:
1. Who is your favorite celebrity?

What is a celebrity? I could name plenty of people who are well-known in their chosen fields, but of whom you probably haven't heard. Are they celebrities? Which medium do you have to be famous in? (Oh, all right... Julia Sawalha. Happy?)

2. Who is your least favorite?

Oh, the competition is stiff on that one. There are a lot of people who are famous for no apparent reason, people whose talents elude me. On that basis, the first name that pops into my head is Rosie O'Donnell.

3. Have you ever met or seen any celebrities in real life?

Several, thanks to my association with the Atlanta Radio Theatre Company. Most recently, John Rhys-Davies. But as I said last week, I don't have any great desire to meet famous people.

4. Would you want to be famous? Why or why not?

That would depend on why I was famous. I mean, Saddam Hussein is famous, but I wouldn't want to be him, particularly not right now. Some modest kind of fame that comes with some money and not too much invasion of privacy would be nice. You know, famous like Garrison Keillor is famous.

5. If you had to trade places with a celebrity for a day, who would you choose and why?

It might be interesting to find out if Hugh Hefner's life is anything like it's rumored to be, but the question doesn't keep me up nights.

No comments: