- The Friday Five:
- 1. Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not?
- I do not. With rare exceptions, phones are tools to make appointments.
- 2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
- My wife, actually.
- 3. About how many telephones do you have at home?
- Hm. (Counting on fingers.) Five. Not counting modems. No, six. Forgot there's one in the fax machine.
- 4. Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened?
- Of course. I used to work tech support for Microsoft. :) I have a high tolerance. Now that I don't have to put up with it, I find it fairly easy to hang up.
- 5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not?
- E-mail, definitely. I can go on at whatever length I want to without feeling I'm intruding-- and you can answer at your leisure.
Saturday, March 15, 2003