- The Friday Five:
- 1. If you had the chance to meet someone you've never met, from the past or present, who would it be?
- Robert A. Heinlein. Just to say thanks.
- 2. If you had to live in a different century, past or future, which would it be?
- Future. I want to see those cities on the moon.
- 3. If you had to move anywhere else on Earth, where would it be?
- The wilds of north Georgia, on a large wooded estate from which I cannot see my neighbors. After living in downtown Atlanta for twenty-five years, I feel a need for elbow room.
- 4. If you had to be a fictional character, who would it be?
- Jubal Harshaw, from Stranger in a Strange Land. There's a man who knows how to enjoy life.
- 5. If you had to live with having someone else's face as your own for the rest of your life, whose would it be?
- You really want me to be discontented, don't you? If I can't have my own face, let me look like Sean Connery. He has this extraordinary effect on every woman I know...
Friday, March 21, 2003