- The Friday Five:
- 1. Name one song you hate to admit you like.
- Rupert Holmes, "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)".
- 2. Name two songs that always make you cry.
- Always? None. However: Ray Charles, "Georgia On My Mind"; Rupert Holmes, "The Old School".
- 3. Name three songs that turn you on.
- Robert Palmer, "Addicted to Love"; Gloria Estefan, "Get On Your Feet"; Steely Dan, "FM".
- 4. Name four songs that always make you feel good.
- Nanci Griffith, "Love at the Five and Dime"; Mary Chapin Carpenter, "This Shirt"; Seals and Crofts, "Dust On My Saddle"; Harry Connick Jr, "A Wink and a Smile".
- 5. Name five songs you couldn't ever do without.
- Gonzo, "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday"; Burt Bacharach, "April Fools"; Andrew Gold, "Still You Linger On" (or the Nicolette Larson cover); Karla Bonoff, "Someone to Lay Down Beside Me"; Alison Krauss, "I Will".
Friday, May 02, 2003