Thursday, August 14, 2003

The Thursday Threesome::Sound loves to revel in a summer night::
Onesome: Sound loves - What�s your favourite song? Is there a history behind it or do you just like it because it�s great?

Gosh, that's hard to say.
Well, whatever it is, there's no history. I don't attach songs to moments of my life. "They're playing our song" is not a phrase I'll ever say for other than comic effect.
At the moment, I guess I'll go with "Stardust". It almost doesn't matter who does it.

Twosome: To revel - What�s your idea of the perfect party tunes? Some jazz to keep things jumpin�? Rock to keep everyone dancing? Or a mix of everything to make everyone happy?

When I listen to music, I listen to music. I don't use it as background noise for parties. It just won't occur to me. That said, the last time I put on music during a party, it was Basia. Make of that what you will.

Threesome: In a summer night - It�s a mellow summer night, you�re on your own and you�re ready to load the CD player. What�s on your playlist? Remember, there's no one around to say "Ewww, gross!" *grin*

I'm actually trying to compile such a "perfect CD", being somewhat hampered by having lost my vinyl album collection back in the house fire of '99. At this moment, it would include:
Dave Goelz ("Gonzo"), "I'm Going To Go Back There Someday" (from "The Mupper Movie")
Basia, "Miles Away"
Mary Chapin Carpenter, "The Moon and Saint Christopher" (or "This Shirt")
Alison Krauss, "In the Palm of Your Hand" (or her cover of "I Will")
Nanci Griffith, "Love at the Five and Dime" (or "It's a Hard Life Wherever You Go")
the Carpenters, "Close to You"
Olivia Newton John, "I Honestly Love You" (or "Suddenly")
Rupert Holmes, "Old School" (or "The People That You Never Get To Love")
Andrew Gold, "Still You Linger On"
Sam Wright ("Sebastian"), "Kiss the Girl" (from "The Little Mermaid")
Joni Mitchell, "Free Man in Paris"
James Taylor, "Only One" (or "Golden Moments")
Gloria Estefan, "I Want You So Bad" (or "Get on Your Feet")
Tom Hulce ("Quasimodo"), "Out There" (from "Hunchback of Notre Dame")
Ray Charles, "Georgia On My Mind"
Carly Simon, "Haunting" (or "In a Small Moment")
I could go on, but I don't think they'll all fit on one CD as it is...


EXTRA: The topic of the week at the Back Porch:
We all have cell phones, most of us do... what is the ring on your phone set to? Something simple? Funny? Downloaded the new Tones from your phone provider site? What makes your phone unique about you?

To my knowledge, there is no other cell phone anywhere that plays the theme to "Remember WENN". (I manually coded it in.) I wanted a tune I would immediately recognize: I detest those "Is that mine?" convulsions I see whenever any cell phone plays the default Nokia tune.

No comments: