Friday, August 22, 2003

The Friday Five: This week's questions:
1. When was the last time you laughed?

Just this morning, driving my daughter to school. We were discussing how much fun it is to tweak people who haven't really thought about why they believe what they think they know. In response to a teacher's political rant, one of her classmates suggested "Of course, it's all Bush's fault, isn't it?" The teacher agreed that it is, without apparent irony, while my daughter and her classmate struggled not to laugh out loud. There's hope for the younger generation.

2. Who was the last person you had an argument with?

Who, me? I'm a soft spoken person who never argues with anybody. It was probably at a meeting of my radio theater, over how we should respond to a perceived injustice.

3. Who was the last person you emailed?

My wife. I was sending her links to information about a planned retail development near our neighborhood. This one. (For the record, I'm for it. I'm tired of driving to the other side of town for all my shopping. Heck, if I have a local Target, I'll be one more step along the road to becoming another Lileks. Then all I'll have to do is change everything else about me. Although it's a little late to consider another daughter. Maybe I could run my daughter's baby pictures and just not tell you she's 15 now... oops.)

4. When was the last time you bathed?

Yesterday morning--but today is young yet. (Is this TMI? Well, it was a personal question to start with.)

5. What was the last thing you ate?

I'm eating breakfast right now. If you must know, it's Cheerios (in 2% milk and Splenda), two microwave sausage links, and V8. The chef has the day off. :)

No comments: