Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Old news

Interesting how a December 7 (hmmm... isn't that date significant for some other reason...?) rally/party for John Kerry and MoveOn.org managed to slip under the radar until this week, when Drudge reported that Kerry's official site is rife with obscenities. The description of the Kerry/MoveOn party has apparently been sitting on the Kerry for President blog all this time.

So. The Kerry campaign wants to be in bed with MoveOn.org. Okay. That's interesting.

Here's the part I like:
When Teresa Heinz-Kerry arrived, she handed me a pin that read in the center: “Asses of Evil” with “Bush”, “Cheney”, “Rumsfeld” and “Ashcroft” surrounding it.
We've come a long way from "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too" and "I Like Ike." Here's Lileks' reaction:
There you have it: the President of the United States is an Evil Ass. I’d love for someone to put this question to Kerry in the debate: Senator Kerry, your wife handed out buttons that called the President an Evil Ass. Do you believe he is Evil, an Ass, or both? And if I may follow up, I’d like to ask if you can possibly imagine Laura Bush doing that. Thank you.
And while we're at it, Senator, how would you react if she did?

If you'd like your White House to act more like a frat house, I guess you know what to do.