Thursday, August 01, 2002

The personals
Monday Mission 2.30:
1. What is your favorite snack food? Does anyone you know have weird tastes in snacks?
Everybody I know has weird tastes in snacks. My favorite? Before the heart attack I would have said barbeque corn chips. I also have a soft spot for Hot Tamales. Of those things I can still have in any quantity, it's popcorn.

2. Ever caught yourself saying "well it can't get any worse" and it does? What's the story there?
You're asking a guy who just had a heart attack.

3. What's your attention span like and how has it served you?
Uneven. What was the question?

4. Do you believe in the existence of extra-terrestrials?
"Believe"? I do not believe that this question has been settled. But, as Carl Sagan said, if there isn't life elsewhere, it's a terrible waste of space.

5. What do you think of the whole "crop circles" phenomenon?
They're all man-made. But it's fascinating to see the lengths to which some people will go in order to deny that.

6. Ever had a time where you begin visiting with someone you don't know all that well and just find you "click" like long lost pals? Tell me about how that came to happen, and who was it? What kind of things do you have in common?
That never happens to me.

7. What funeral do you remember most vividly?
My friend Peter's. He died of AIDS, and I hadn't really accepted that until I saw the box containing his ashes at the memorial service. I still miss him.

BONUS: How can I forget you, girl?
You'll be seeing me in all the old familiar places...

Thursday Threesome:
Onesome. Lions. How late do you lie in, or are you an early bird? 'fess up, no lying here.
I work until 1am, and often don't get home until 2am or later. I think I've earned the right to sleep until 10:30am or so.

Twosome. Tigers. What brings out the tiger in you? Interpret this how ever you want, just warn us if it is rated other than pg *grin*.
I don't think I have a tiger in me.

Threesome. Bears. Bare it all for us. We always complain about the parts of our bodies we don't like. So here, tell us your favorite part of your body...
My head, because that's where I am.

The Friday Five:
1. What is your lineage? Where are your ancestors from?
England. I am as pale, pasty-faced and white-bread a guy as you could want to meet. There is nothing exotic in there anywhere.

2. Of those countries, which would you most like to visit?
Duh.

3. Which would you least like to visit? Why?
I don't really want to go anywhere I have to fly to get to.

4. Do you do anything during the year to celebrate or recognize your heritage?
Nope.

5. Who were the first ancestors to move to your present country (parents, grandparents, etc)?
There are no written records.

No comments: