Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Do you really want to hear this?
I'm coming up on one month after my heart attack, and recovering nicely. I'm not moving very fast, every other sentence seems to be "Is it really that late?", and I am hungry about half the time (on a diet my wife thinks is too generous), but these are trivial complaints. It certainly beats having my loving family complain that "No, he doesn't 'look natural'."

I've written an essay (seven letter-sized pages of ten-point type) about the event, which people who read my print fanzine have already seen. It covers (so far) the five days from the attack itself through my release from the hospital. My wife keeps asking me when I'm going to put it here. It's fairly self-indulgent--It's not like I invented heart attacks. Mine doesn't seem too different from most. And compared to "SWVCTM"'s continuing adventures over at It Can't Rain All The Time..., it's a downright happy ending.

But, unless you say "God, no!" or (worse) "That's all right, we expect Old Farts to talk about their medical problems", I expect you'll see it soon, probably serialized over several days.

No comments: