Friday, December 19, 2003

The Thursday Threesome

:: The Christmas Song, Part II ::
Onesome: Chestnuts - Okay, just which Christmas food won't you touch? I mean, even when Auntie Sarah is serving it up with a big smile!

Fruitcake. As dessert, it makes a great doorstop.

Twosome: Roasting - Then again, which Christmas food are you willing to risk life and limb for, even when Uncle George is between you and the platter?

Can't think of anything. I mean, I love Grandmother's chess pie, but in order to get it now I have to make it myself.

Threesome: on an open fire - Heh. This line reminds me of a joke! Do you have a favorite bit of holiday humor? How about it?

Bumper sticker on the back of Santa's sleigh: "If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the roof."

Runner-up: Disclaimer heard at the beginning of a Christmas pageant: "The part of the baby Jesus will be played by a 40-watt light bulb."

No comments: