Friday, September 12, 2003

The Thursday Threesome :: Sticks and Stones ::
Onesome: Sticks and stones - Are you an outdoorsy sort? Would you prefer to spend all your spare time hiking, biking, swimming, etc? What's your favorite outdoor activity?

Are you kidding? Heck, no. My favorite outdoor activity is relaxing in a shady chaise lounge by the pool. However, I have neither a chaise lounge nor a pool.

Twosome: May break my bones, - Have you ever broken a bone? Or needed stitches? Or been hurt badly enough you should have gone to the hospital but didn't?

Not recently. I broke a finger when I was a child. I stepped on a tent stake once and put a gash in my foot that needed stitches to close--and, of course, I needed stitches when I had my wisdom teeth out.
But when I went to the hospital, it was because I needed to.

Threesome: But words will never harm me - The pen is mightier than the sword and words do truly have the power to hurt. But sometimes we slip and just can't help but vent our anger toward that slow moving driver or the jerk who cut in front of us and took the last of what we needed. What's your favorite insult to hurl? Do you try to censor yourself when the kiddos are around?

I'm a gentleman. Ask anybody, they'll tell you. The meanest word I ever use is "jerk".

EXTRA: The topic of the week at the Back Porch:
When you are feeling down...what movie(s) are guaranteed to lift your spirits? Why? Also, are there any particular scenes that bring a smile to your face?

"The Muppet Christmas Carol". "The Whole Nine Yards". "The Court Jester". (How can you not laugh at "the pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle"?)
But I keep coming back to "Sleepless in Seattle" and "You've Got Mail". I'm a sucker for a good chick flick.

No comments: