Friday, September 05, 2003

The Friday Five: This week's questions:
1. What housekeeping chore(s) do you hate doing the most?

Mowing the grass. Does that count? I detest mowing grass. Pave it and paint it green.
On the chance that you intended that I should stay inside, I guess it would be filing.

2. Are there any that you like or don't mind doing?

I can do dishes all day long. Admittedly, although I don't mind doing them by hand, I'm not a big fan of dishes that can't go in the dishwasher. I understand this in the case of things like woks and cast-iron skillets, but not wooden bowls and knife handles that require special cleaning and oiling before being put away. I'll never buy one... and I hide them when I find them so they won't be used. Life is too short. Let people who can afford servants to polish the silverware use those things. I'm OK with Melamine, Pyrex and Corelle.

3. Do you have a routine throughout the week or just clean as it's needed?

As needed. I probably should develop a routine, just to be sure everything gets cleaned periodically, but I haven't had the dicipline to do it.

4. Do you have any odd cleaning/housekeeping quirks or rules?

I hate finding dirty dishes in odd places. I hate finding dishes in the sink that still have food on them. We don't have a disposal: Plates should be scraped clean in the garbage can before being put in the sink.

5. What was the last thing you cleaned?

I'm in a rut, I think. I just did the dishes before I went to bed last night.

No comments: