Sunday, August 02, 2009

Crisis on Infinite Blogs

Obviously, I owe you an apology for having been so inactive here. At any given moment, 30% of bloggers are beginning a post with the same apology. (Data courtesy of PNOOAH[tm]. If I need a statistic, I just Pull Numbers Out Of A Hat.)

So now I go through the same navel-gazing everyone else does. (It's a state law, I think.) Do I Really Need a Journal? Or a Blog? Or a Twitter? Or a Tumblr? In fact, I have three personal pages, six blogs, two livejournals, two twitters, and a tumblr, plus two flickr photostreams and two facebook pages, plus six more miscellaneous social network pages--and therein lies the problem.

If I don't have time to follow me, how can I possibly expect anyone else to do it?

I just don't have that much to say. And the things I do want to say, I'm not sure who I want to say them to.

'Way back when I only had one blog, I said whatever I had to say there. Then, those who advise other bloggers agreed that a blog should have a subject, a focus, in order to attract readers. When I started these boatanchors, I had a plan for each of them. Comic book stuff over here, politics over there, sex over yonder, pictures over thataway, you know. Folks can find what they're interested in and not be bored or offended by the rest. A place for everything and everything in its place.

But now I have too many places and not enough things.

If I figure out what to do about this, you'll be the first to know.

No comments: