Thursday, March 29, 2007

You get what you deserve....


Shame
Originally uploaded by dubaddict.
...when you ask Google for driving directions from Chicago to London. I especially like the part where Google tells you to swim across the Atlantic Ocean, and actually estimates how long that will take (assuming you can maintain a brisk 6 mph).

Originally observed by Gadling, also reported by Upgrade: Travel Better and The Consumerist, this behavior -- trick? Easter Egg? Computer sarcasm? -- recurs for any two cities separated by the Atlantic. Wisely, Google refuses to attempt driving directions to Tokyo, even if you plan to stop over in Honolulu.

Yes, I tried it. What can I tell you? I was bored.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh..."swim across the Atlantic Ocean"...I love it.