Thursday, October 02, 2003

The Thursday Threesome

:: The Great American Novel ::
Onesome: Great - Who's the greatest influence in your life? ...and could you write about them? (Hey, it's NaNoWriMo!)

I don't have an answer for the first question, so I guess the answer for the followup is "no". (What's a NaNoWriMo?)

Twosome: American - Who do you consider to be the greatest American writer of all time? Counterpoint: whose books are sitting on your nightstand?

The greatest American writer? Mark Twain. Whose books are on my nightstand? Well, when you get past the daily medicines, and the alarm clock, and the bedside lamp, and the blood pressure cuff, and the book I'm reading to my son ("The Long Winter" by Laura Ingalls Wilder)... the book that's there at the moment is Heinlein's "Revolt in 2100."

Threesome: Novel - What's your favourite book/novel? Hmmm... What's so special about that one book?

Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A Heinlein. I hope this doesn't surprise anyone: I've made no secret of my affection for it. I find it a delightful, thought-provoking book that I never get tired of reading.

No comments: