Saturday, November 02, 2002

The personals
Thursday Threesome:
Onesome. Goblins. Do you do Halloween? ...or is it all too much?
Answered this in last week's Friday Five. No, I don't. We buy candy for the little panhandlers because we must, because not doing so is as socially acceptable as visiting grade schools with "There Is No Santa Claus" placards, because we have been well and truly intimidated by the street vandals for whom, one day a year, broken windows and wet toilet paper are appropriate restitution for not being given one more twenty-five-cent chunk of chocolate they could easily have bought themselves.

Do I sound bitter?

Twosome. Ghouls (and guys). What ghoulish dishes do you serve up at Halloween?
Why, who has time to cook? I'm fearfully huddling by the front door hoping our candy will be judged worthy by the little darlings.

Threesome. Bats. Where are you flying to this evening? Any plans?
As if I dared leave the house.

The Friday Five:
1. Were you raised in a particular religious faith?
Ah, fresh from the grumpy mood Hallowe'en always puts me in, you ask highly personal questions I'd rather dodge. Christian. Presbyterian, if you must know.

2. Do you still practice that faith? Why or why not?
I don't, because I don't wish to.

3. What do you think happens after death?
No data.

4. What is your favorite religious ritual (participating in or just observing)?
Null set.

5. Do you believe people are basically good?
Have you read the papers lately? Yeah, I think they're basically good -- but I also think they're basically self-centered and will redefine "good" as necessary to get their way.

No comments: