Friday, October 30, 2009

I don't think that word means what you think it means

On most levels, this cartoon works splendidly.

I can't know if this is the case nationwide, but here in Atlanta, our NPR affiliate is one of the few stations in town that doesn't overcompress its sound. That is, it presents a well-engineered dynamic range in which the loud passages are undistorted and the soft passages are actually pianissimo soft. It is actually possible to hear the odd moment of silence on NPR.

Every other station in town, I feel like I've been beaten with a blunt instrument after listening for a half hour. And that's the music stations: The talk stations are worse. Even when I agree with what's being said, I can't stand to listen to it for very long.

But "truth"? I find it hard to believe that even you, NPR, would describe your content that way.

Posted via web from Dreaded Purple Master

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love NPR.

I always tune in for the Two-Minute Hate.