Monday, August 23, 2004

"But if it works...?"

The Time Travel Fund
We establish a fund in current time. You make a small contribution to the fund, and in a few hundred years that small amount grows to a very large amount. From that fund, moneys will be taken and used to retrieve you, perhaps seconds after you join, perhaps even moments before your recorded death, perhaps some other point in your lifetime.
Sure, I'll contribute... the minute someone comes back from 2504 A.D. and tells me you're on the up and up. They can watch me send you the money before I go. It should be very exciting for them. If this is my last post, you'll know why.

Oh, yeah, I'm sure they'll get this message, because the web will still exist five hundred years from now. That obsolescence thing with eight-track tapes was a fluke. Medical science will advance trememdously, but technology won't change.

Personally, I'm thinking that if time machines will ever be invented, then they've already been used. Everyone's first choice for a destination was/will be the forward deck of the Titanic. The ship sank under the additional weight of 3,842 time machines (and 10,461 travellers whose machines stayed behind, like Tony and Doug).

No comments: